The mission of Compton YouthBuild (CYB) is to provide rigorous educational and vocational opportunities for at-promise people ages 16-24 who are invested in creating a sustainable future for themselves, their families and communities. As an affiliate of YouthBuild USA, Compton YouthBuild is sponsored and operated by EntreNous Youth Empowerment Services Inc., a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Donations are welcomed and tax deductible to the full extent of the law.
Our program provides opportunities in Community Advocacy/Leadership Development, Career Pathways, Counseling, Construction/Vocational training and the ability to obtain a High School Diploma through our educational partnership with YouthBuild Charter School of California (YCSC). Our three program values are:
- Respect – We develop an understanding of one another by respecting each other’s beliefs, culture and space.
- Care – We care for each other by providing a safe place that allows young people to feel comfortable, confident and cared for.
- Compassion – We are compassionate towards each other by having a system of boundaries, high expectations, support and consistency to allow young people the opportunity to reach their goals while overcoming the challenges they face in their day lives.
- Engage young people in meaningful learning opportunities that expand their understanding of the community and world they live in.
- Offer educational, vocational and post-secondary readiness preparation that lead to a sustainable life for themselves and their families.
- Support young people as they face a myriad of obstacles in society.
- Engage in active, authentic and meaningful dialog on community issues.
- Promote cross-cultural leadership by appreciating and respecting each other's beliefs, culture and space.
- Provide young people with a deeper understanding of leadership capacities.
- Develop leaders who are confident in their skills and abilities to identify, act on and improve challenges in their communities.